Earn $1,000 to cut TikTok for two weeks
Can you survive a TikTok ban?
We’ve all heard the dreaded news—TikTok might get banned in 2023. For an app where 150 million Americans spend 1.5 hours daily, that’s a big deal! At Switchful, we care about the experience users have on the internet, whether that’s on an app or not. We’re paying one individual to test run what a national TikTok ban might be like. Think you’ve got what it takes to handle a TikTok detox?
The perfect candidate
For some of us, cutting out just one app wouldn’t be difficult. For others, it’s almost impossible! We’re calling all heavy TikTok users. If you live or die by the app, this is the challenge for you! The perfect challenger will be 18 years or older, live in the United States, and have an average of 3+ hours of TikTok usage a day. Don’t worry, we won’t judge if most of those hours are practicing the latest dance or scrolling cat videos.
Track your experience
Sounds simple, right? Well, here’s your chance to prove it. If you’re chosen, you’ll need to temporarily deactivate your TikTok account and delete the app for two weeks. Don't stress, you can reactivate your account as soon as the two weeks are up! Record your experiences in a daily log (provided by us) to track your feelings while detoxing and what you’ve done with your extra time.
How to apply
Decided you’re up for the challenge?
Two simple steps to apply:
- Fill out the form below
- Follow our TikTok account, and drop a like and comment on our TikTok announcement video
Apply today and you could be on your way to $1,000!
You can access the application form here. Follow the instructions on the form to apply or find the details above.
We’ll reach out to you via email with whether or not you’ve been selected within a week after the application deadline. Be on the lookout for an email from the Switchful media team!
Applications will close on May 31, 2023 at noon MST. Make sure to follow the entry instructions when applying!
After submitting the application form, you’ll receive a confirmation email from the Switchful media team.
Email our media representative, Erin Kratzer, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, for interview requests, or to request additional information.
Terms & Conditions
- Helpful, LLC (“Promoter”) is the party promoting TikTok Detox: Earn $1,000 to Cut TikTok for Two Weeks. The challenge will be hosted on Helpful, LLC’s website “Switchful.com” (hereinafter, the “Site.”) The Promoter’s business address and headquarters are located at 175 W. 200 S. Suite 2005, Salt Lake City, UT 84101.
- The following people are ineligible for entry in the TikTok Detox competition: Any Promoter team members, employees, independent contractors, or those responsible for the challenge creation, relatives and employees of the TikTok Detox creative team, and anyone else closely associated with the TikTok Detox creation process, or the Site generally.
- Entry into the TikTok Detox challenge is limited to residents of the 50 United States and D.C., and must be authorized to work in the United States. Participants and applicants must be 18 years or older as of March 24, 2023, or who have reached the age of majority under their individual state's laws.
- There is no entry fee, and applicants are not required to make any purchases to apply for the TikTok Detox. No other factors aside from completed applications will influence the selection process.
- Information on how to apply for the TikTok Detox is available above or by clicking on the application link here.
- The entry period begins on March 24, 2023, at noon MST. The deadline for entries is May 31, 2023, at noon MST. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered.
- Applicants will be evaluated without regard to any of the following: mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
- Only one entry will be accepted per applicant. Duplicate applications will be disqualified for consideration.
- By applying for the TikTok Detox, applicants waive all claims, liability, loss, injury, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys' fees) arising from participation in this TikTok Detox or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. No responsibility by Promoter will be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason, including incomplete applications, technical difficulties, or applicant error.
- Promoter is not responsible for any inaccurate information regarding compensation provided to applicants by third parties.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, the selected applicant agrees to the use of their image in any publicity or promotional material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current United States data protection laws and regulations. For the avoidance of doubt, applicants may reserve the right to (1) know what personal information that Promoter has regarding the applicant, (2) request to Promoter that the personal information be deleted, (3) request to Promoter that applicant opt out of the sale or transfer of such personal information, and (4) request to Promoter that such personal information be corrected if deemed incorrect by applicant. All such requests may be done by providing Promoter notice at the following email address: email@example.com
- One (1) applicant from the completed applications will be selected as the challenger for the TikTok Detox. The TikTok Detox creative team will be responsible for determining the individual selected based on the completion and quality of the application.
- The selected applicant will be notified by email within 5 days post the application-close deadline. If the selected applicant cannot be contacted, fails to claim the offer, or is otherwise ineligible, Promoter retains the right to choose an alternative applicant for the completion and compensation of the challenge.
- By accepting the offer, the selected applicant, in order to receive compensation for the TikTok Detox, commits to deactivating their personal TikTok account for 14 calendar days and completing 14 written daily logs documenting their use of time and activities outside of TikTok.
- The TikTok Detox is not supported, sponsored, or promoted by TikTok and is entirely promoted and managed by Promoter.
- As part of accepting the offer, the selected participant acknowledges their status as an independent contractor in the TikTok Detox. Acceptance of the Tiktok Detox does not create any agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship. The selected applicant retains no power to bind the Promoter.
- At the completion of the 14 business days and the submission of the required daily logs, the selected applicant will receive a one-time payment of $1,000 within 60 days of the challenge completion.
- Promoter retains the right to cancel, amend, or terminate the TikTok Detox Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By completing an application for the TikTok Detox challenge, applicants agree to these Terms and Conditions.